The goal of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is to simplify the administrative processes of the healthcare system and to protect patients' privacy. Information security considerations are involved throughout the guidelines and play a major role in the Privacy Rule of HIPAA compliance. The purpose of this rule is to protect personally identifiable information (PII) as it moves through the healthcare system. Healthcare organizations, including providers, payers and clearinghouses, must comply with the Privacy Rule.
To help healthcare organizations comply with the Privacy Rule, Security Standards have been created to help organizations protect PII. These standards encompass administrative procedures, technical security mechanisms and services, and physical safeguards. Security standards compliance and overall HIPAA compliance outlined by the Act is imperative to the ongoing business operations of healthcare companies. Failure to comply may not only result in regulatory actions, such as fines, but also direct business loss from lawsuits, damage to reputation and degradation of the public's trust.
intiGrow offers a full breadth of services to help healthcare organizations address HIPAA compliance Security Standards. We can help you improve your security and compliance posture while reducing costs. intiGrow offering for HIPAA compliance will take the approach outlined below:
- Assess the current picture of security controls against the requirements of the HIPAA. Based on the gaps observed, generate technical and management reports that will help in implementing the security requirements that are currently absent or not adequate.
- Provide a roadmap to close the risks or gaps detected within the scope defined by your organization.
- Redesign the controls to suit to your organization's business requirements and the IT infrastructure supporting it.
- Simplify the compliance processes that will assist in monitoring and reporting
- Train and familiarize the staff involved in the requirements of the HIPAA and in how to comply with the same.